Inspired by Alvin Toffler’s quote: “The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read or write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn,” we asked 12 leading bloggers and healthcare thought leaders to share their reflections: what would they recommend as top learning strategies for Pharma and Healthcare marketers in 2010?
Overall, there were six themes that contributors brought to life:
1) e-Patients are at the center and critical to learning and design;
2) Authenticity isn’t a ‘nice to do’, it’s a ‘must’ (and you won’t be the one who decides whether you’ve succeeded);
3) Don’t’ get distracted by ‘bells and whistles’-remember the basics and keep your brand core strong;
4) New marketing challenges require new ROI thinking…the ROI of connection, authenticity and compassion;
5) The marketing cycle of life is going through unprecedented change requiring all marketers and communications people to unlearn much-the movement from paid marketing to earned marketing requires a different mindset and skills; and
6) Effective marketing and engagement will require new kinds of leadership skills.
My heartfelt appreciation to the 12 contributors-yet another example of the power of the community.
- Phil Baumann, Phil Baumann online blog, CareVocate Interactive Media Solutions
- Wendy Blackburn, ePharma Rx blog, Intouch Solutions
- Adam Cohen, A Thousand Cuts blog, Rosetta Interactive
- Dave deBronkart, The New Life of e-Patient Dave blog, Society for Participatory Medicine
- Angela Dunn, Odom Lewis blog, Executive Search Specialists in Healthcare Marketing/Medical Education
- Susannah Fox, Health Research for Pew Internet & American Life Project
- Fard Johnmar, Path of the Blue Eye Project, Envision Consultancy
- John Mack, Pharma Marketing blog, Editor-in-chief of Pharma Marketing News
- Jonathan Richman, Dose of Digital blog, Bridge Worldwide
- Marsha Shenk, Thriving Enterprise blog, The Bestwork People
- Andrew Spong, STweM blog and Consultancy, UK
- Steve Woodruff, Impactiviti blog and Consultancy
If you enjoy this eBook, feel free to blog it, tweet it or email it. (But please don’t change it)…We also hope that you meet some new ‘friends’ to learn with in 2010. Lastly, we welcome feedback below or on slide share.
May you and yours enjoy a rich and rejuvenating holiday season. We look forward to more learning and collaboration in 2010!
credits: eBook production: Courtney Justice, The Cournell Group